Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Speedy Hostess...

by Karolina, 9th May 2012

...or "how to be Entertaining Goddess in 5 minutes" :)

I decided to start new series of posts about entertaining.
Mainly because a lot of people say that they don't have time to cook, have guests, organize party...
I want to show:
 - that even with minimum effort and tiny bit of time you can create something nice, stylish & little special
- that to entertain you don't need hours of preparation and you can invite people anytime
- that you don't have to limit yourself to opening bag of crisps even if on a busy schedule

So today, I'd like to propose you this:

Pears with blue cheese and balsamico creme.
Sounds posh, looks good...do you agree?
Well, took me less than 5 minutes to prepare it. Seriously!
I actually made this today as improvised starter. And it will definitely stay in my last-minute entertaining ideas.


What do you need:
- pear (1 for 2 people - but you can vary it depending on amount of guests, portion size etc.)
- blue cheese (gorgonzola would be great as well, goat cheese would work as well)
- creme balsamico (I used ready made emulsion, but you can use normal balsamic vinegar or reduce it yourself)
- pepper

How?
Core the pear, cut it into bite size pieces, or slice it
Crumble cheese on top
Pour balsamico
Grind fresh pepper on top

(This would work really nice on bed of rucola as well - I didn't have any around though)

Tada! Ready!

This makes a nice change from typical tomato mozarella or melon and Parma ham (although I love it and could eat it every day :))

How do you like it?
How do you like my idea of Speedy Hostess posts?
I'd love to hear from you...

3 comments:

  1. now that sounds like a good( and fast) plan :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More