by Karolina, 11th November 2012
November....for some smell of Bonfire, for others taste of Halloween chocolates. Glow of candles on the cemetery or taste of Thanksgiving turkey. November has a lot of shades, smells and tastes...
Today, I'd like to show you how an autumn walk can result in a lovely decoration...
Leafy table runner...
To create the above, all you need is:
- leaves (that's where autumn walk is necessary :))
- glue gun
- pillar candles
As most of my DIY this one is pretty easy as well:
- take paper and cut a strip as long and wide as your required runner
- arrange big leaves in a pattern starting from the sides of the paper
- start gluing the leaves into the paper, making sure that no paper is visible
- gradually add more and more leaves to create interesting structure and colour pattern
- don't want to disappoint you but....we're done :)
This table runner will look really great as your Thanksgiving table centerpiece with added pillar candles (of course be very careful while using candles! Don't put anything on fire! If you have children around best would be to replace the candles with electric tea lights). Or add other autumn symbols on top - like pumpkins or apples.
Planning autumn dinner party? This one would be amazing decoration of your buffet table!
It's an easy craft that gives you a stunning result!
Do you like it? I'd love to hear from you!